Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Complete Human



Is Combining growth in your Mind, Body and Soul to create a "Complete Human",  a person who thrives in their current environment, or any environment, because they have developed the attributes and skills required to achieve success. 

I'm getting big on writing mission statements and thesis. (Thesi?) Anyway, the above paragraph is what I wrote to describe the system I think needs to be created. Actually I used it to try and explain it to another. 
The concept is that most "Self Help Books" only concentrates on one aspect. Or if there is a system that does then I haven't heard about it, which means their marketing sucks. 
So I wrote this out, then spent a few minutes outlining what I thought it might cover

Body
                Health
                                Identifying stressors
                                Avoiding Bad Habits
                                Weight proportionality
                                Bad Genes?
                                Exercise
                Fitness
                                Strength>Power<Stamina>Endurance<Speed>Agility<Flexibility
                Appearance
                                Grooming
                                Dress
Mind
                Education/training/knowledge
                Skills
Soul
                Rightness
                Role
                Enlightenment
                Balance
                Place


This line right here 

"Strength>Power<Stamina>Endurance<Speed>Agility<Flexibility"

Covers an interesting concept. I believe that the best scale for real fitness needs to address the above attributes, and there is a relationship between them. So Strength and Stamina is expressed as Power. Stamina and Speed becomes Endurance. (the reason why it's in Red is because I want to replace that word with a better one but I didn't want to get sidetracked looking a new term up. Red text or ****** in my writing is a place holder.) And Finally, Speed and Flexibility becomes Agility. I could probably circle this list by joining Flexibility and Strength But I'm not sure what that would be and I found my self stretching the concept. 
Note: if you feel yourself stretching to complete a thought, you are probably wrong. Let it be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment